 Star Wars / 13539
    10026...Price versus Parts —Gregory Muri
   I am curious what the general opinion is about the significant price increase of this set. It seems to me that the increase is rather high compared to the part count of the set. Are the chrome parts enough to justify the price of the set? Thanks for (...) (22 years ago, 20-Jun-02, to lugnet.starwars)

        Re: 10026...Price versus Parts —Matt Sekerak
   (...) Pardon my cynicism Greg, but TLC has hit their bullseye dead center. As I mentioned in a previous post, I believe 10026 is a product of clever timing and research, and we are once again the lab rats. That's fine with me, as I don't object to (...) (22 years ago, 20-Jun-02, to lugnet.starwars)

        Re: 10026...Price versus Parts —Jonathan Wilson
     (...) If you look at the gold disk from the Millenium Throwbot/Slizer, the bottom is tan. This fits in with the "the parts have to be made specially for chrome". I think they need new moulds as well to account for the thickness of the coating, but I (...) (22 years ago, 20-Jun-00, to lugnet.starwars)

        Re: 10026...Price versus Parts —Matt Sekerak
   But I just realized there would be no modification in production process, cuz they' have been doing chrome for a while, just not on a grand scale. This is the stuff that would be neat to have answered by a Lego rep. -Matt . (22 years ago, 20-Jun-02, to lugnet.starwars)