 Star Wars / 13521
Re: Official 10026 pics
Newsgroups:
lugnet.starwars
Date:
Wed, 19 Jun 2002 19:08:51 GMT

In lugnet.starwars, Tim Saupé writes:
What it means is that I become thoroughly agitated with someone who has to
go snooping around for pics; sooner or later LEGO won't announce anything
because they know that images will get out before they want them out.

I defenitly agree that people shouldn't be looking for pics avaialble on
LEGO.  However, I can't help wonder why is it that LEGO can't withhold the
pictures of new products until they're announced?  I mean, it's not
difficult (technically) to have files unavailable...  Even if you say they
want to put it on the live server for testing (which is why people have test
servers!), no reason to LEAVE them active after the test, right?

So which do you want - the information early through appropriate channels
(and I mean by whatever means LEGO wishes to do so) or not at all?

you're asking everyone to avoid snooping.  While a noble cause, I doubt
you'll be able to get every single person to follow it.  And it only takes
one "rouge" to publish the images.

Dan