 Star Wars / 12953
Re: Episode II Lego in UK
Newsgroups:
lugnet.starwars
Date:
Tue, 23 Apr 2002 15:47:04 GMT

"Magnus Lauglo" <thunder_road@hotmail.com> wrote in message
news:Gv0xps.1A8@lugnet.com...

I saw some of the new sets in a toyshop today but didn't buy any. The big
gunship look really awesome, and it seems that the top part detaches while
the bottom half turns into some kind of a command base thing. Not sure if
this also "happens" in the movie, but I guess we'll have to see. • Incidently,
what is it going for in the US, pricewise? I need to get one of these some
time when I get some more cashflow coming in!

There is a flap at the front of the cockpit, when you lift it the front half
of the ship splits in 2 (the sides move apart, they're hinged to the rest of
the ship) to reveal the inside where there are some printed slopes for
instrument panels and a cargo pod on a magnetic catch (like the one on the
Battle Droid for the gun). At the rear are 2 panels on the sides that slide
away to reveal the rear of the main hold of the ship where there is a
printed tile on an extendable arm. There is also one of the new long sloped
bricks on the top that moves up and forward on an arm - no idea what that's
for! There's also a cupboard on each side to put stuff in. And the 2 guns on
the front and 1 on the rear have limited movement.

This is a great set - I have it in my living room on top of one of my
speakers at the moment, with Jango's Slave I on another speaker. I picked
most of the Ep2 sets up on Saturday at Beatties in Solihull except the
Technic ones (they had them though). At some point when I get my room
rearranged I might put my RBR up too, but at the moment my 8448 and Silver
Champion take up most of my shelf space :)

Dan