 Star Wars / 12921
12920  |  12922
Subject:
7130 Snowspeeder....
Newsgroups:
lugnet.starwars
Date:
Mon, 22 Apr 2002 13:27:30 GMT

Aaron, I believe I speak for a lot of SW AFOLs by pointing out a few great
qualities of this set.  1) Popularity.  Everybody loves Empire Strikes Back,
and the snowspeeder/Han and Luke rescue scene was sort of the equivalent to
the podrace sequence of Ep1 or the speeder bike chase of EpVI.  All high
speed, big fun.  The snowspeeder is an icon, and is immediately recognized
by SW fans of any age.  2) Price.  It was assigned to an affordable price
tier and , therefore, appealing to everyone with 20 bucks in their wallet.
3) Scale.  I'm not too nitpicky about scale, but it is an important trait
for a scrutinizing purist (I mean that in a good way) who appreciates
accuracy.  4) Value.  Just under 10 cents per piece, and the elements of
7130 are classic brick, not huge molded parts.  5)
Quality.  The set is sturdy.  In other words, it will hold up to many hours
of..."swooshing" (?) "swishing" (?) "swooping"  Whatever.

Am I on target here, folks?

-Matt

.