 Star Wars / 12879
    Re: Jawa Sandcrawler '02 —David Koudys
   (...) I believe that most sci-fi after Star Wars used Lucases own special effects production company, ILM, to do the effects in their movies. Before this, most studios did cheesy effects 'in house' (2001 being a noteable exception, those were pretty (...) (22 years ago, 11-Apr-02, to lugnet.starwars)

        Re: Jawa Sandcrawler '02 —Eric Kingsley
     (...) I doubt this would have been true mostly because ST the Motion Picture was just a little to slow. It was closer to 2001 ASO then it was SW. SW had blasters firing and a much faster script. Plus ST tries to base in self in some sort of "future (...) (22 years ago, 11-Apr-02, to lugnet.starwars)

        Re: Jawa Sandcrawler '02 —David Eaton
   (...) I dunno-- I'm almost tempted to say that Star Trek could've hurt the sci-fi market for SW had it been first. First off, effects. One of the HUGE things SW did was the great effects. Chances are ST would've had the same cheezy effects that (...) (22 years ago, 11-Apr-02, to lugnet.starwars)