 Star Wars / 12793
Re: Ep II Sets found in Ohio. Got the mini-fig Yoda
Newsgroups:
lugnet.starwars, lugnet.technic, lugnet.build.mecha
Date:
Sun, 31 Mar 2002 13:53:14 GMT

I've posted pictures of the Super Battle Droid "elbow" and completed set to
Brickshelf.

xposted to .technic and .build.mecha

In lugnet.starwars, Andy Evans writes:
I found all the EpII sets (except Republican Gunship) at my local Wally
World today.

I bought most of the sets.  Here's a couple of interesting notes about a
couple of sets:

8012 Super Battle Droid:  Also very interesting.  Many of the parts are a
swirled kinda metallic blue.  Up close it looks kind of ugly as you can see
the plastic flows in the part, but once assembled and from a distance it
looks cool.  A couple of very cool things about this set is that the arms
and legs are "poseable"  They use a version of the click hinge "elbows"
found in the new alpha teams sets, but since they are Technic, they are
assembled to create the joints.  This makes for a very compact joint that
mecha guys are going to go nuts over.  I'll post some pic.s of these parts
soon to Brickshelf.