 Star Wars / 12789
Re: Ep II Sets found in Ohio. Got the mini-fig Yoda
Newsgroups:
lugnet.starwars
Date:
Sat, 30 Mar 2002 15:53:33 GMT

In lugnet.starwars, John Radtke writes:
In lugnet.starwars, Jonathan Little writes:
In lugnet.starwars, Ray Sanders writes:
That particular WM (north Florida) only had 2 each of the Yoda and the RG, so
those who 'got to have it now' might be advised to keep a close eye on their fav
lego retailer.

Ray

AAARRGH! They're showing up everywhere but the Philadelphia area! Are the
Philadelphia Wal-Marts the only ones that actually follow the rules (and is
my luck really THAT bad)? Well, my journey will continue tomorrow. Wish me luck!

-Jonathan

Make that Philly and Minneapolis!

John

These two sets were not down on the shelf where everyone could see them. They
were up on the riser on an aisle different from the Lego aisle. Your average
'walk over to the Lego section and see whats new' FOL would not have known they
were there. I showed the Yoda set to one of the toy clerks who was slightly
aghast at the $99.98 price tag.

The 'Spiderman Studio' set OTOH, was on a 'Spiderman' centric display out on
the main midway aisle in front of the endless checkout lanes. So, that theme was
being promoted specifically in that store.

I did not buy the RG. I was looking for clearance yesterday, and knowing that 2
or 3 weeks down the road these would be just about everywhere, left me less than
eager to drop bucks in that style. For the price of the RG, I got 7 clearanced
sets at another store (which included 3 polar bases). I'm just as happy to wait
till the price gets a tad more realistic, even if it takes a year or so.

Ray
#(1.24 * 10^2)