 Star Wars / 12700
Re: Ep II Review on Ain't it Cool News (warning! it contains spoilers!)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.starwars, lugnet.off-topic.fun
Date:
Mon, 25 Mar 2002 00:09:10 GMT

In lugnet.starwars, Lindsay Frederick Braun writes:

  Hi,

  I spotted this VERY bad boy earlier today:

  http://www.aintitcoolnews.com/display.cgi?id=11796

  It purports to be a clandestine review written by someone who got to
  see a copy of the film early at the behest of Lucasfilm.  Warning, it
  contains spoilers.  Spoilers.  Spoilers.  I mean, assuming it's on the
  level--so if you want to see it, go see it soon, because I'm betting
  Lucas et al will make sure it's not there for long (like the scriptment
  from some time back).

Actually, this review has been there for quite some time; a couple of days.

Furthermore, many think Lucas leaked this trailer to get EPII some hype.

So chances of a lawsuit are slim, I think.

  But for goodness sakes, if you're at all wanting to preserve wonder and
  mystery, DO NOT LOOK.  And if you do, don't blame me.  (But I can say
  one thing:  It's a pretty positive review in the main, despite a rocky
  start.)  It just makes me more stoked about the movie itself.  (And I
  have the EpII sets to show for it--7133 is actually a pretty neat set!)

Yeah, the review is quite positive and got me a little excited.

Of course, it was Harry Knowles who wrote it, and that guy gets excited about
anything and everything. It's funny how he was dissing SW and Lucas a few
months ago and now he's praising him... SELL-OUT.

;-)

  best

  LFB

Mladen Pejic, over and out!