 Star Wars / 12250
  New Dark Red Translucent?

My wife gave me a Rebel Blockade Runner for Christmas (she is wonderful and the set is wonderful - what a pile of pieces! - the set that is). I noticed that the new dark red pieces looked a little different then the other pieces - and not just that (...) (23 years ago, 30-Dec-01, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: New Dark Red Translucent?

(...) It's like the stuff they make lolly frogs and snakes out of. (23 years ago, 30-Dec-01, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: New Dark Red Translucent?

(...) I can confirm that the new Cam dark red hair element is likewise translucent, I was going to post about it but I probably forgot to do so. Not sure what I think about it, but I am not bothered by it as it stands. It is interesting in that it (...) (23 years ago, 30-Dec-01, to lugnet.starwars)

  Dark Blue too (Re: New Dark Red Translucent?)

(...) I recently got the new Technic R2D2 set (8009). It has several parts with the new dark blue color. Some of the dark blue parts were noticeably translucent while the others were quite solid in color. TLC must still be working on their pigment (...) (23 years ago, 31-Dec-01, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: New Dark Red Translucent?

(...) Um... I think you need a minor vocabulary lesson. :-) Trasparent: You can see through it and light passes through it. Opaque: You can not see through it nor does light pass through it.. Translucent: You can not see through it but light passes (...) (23 years ago, 2-Jan-02, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Dark Blue too (Re: New Dark Red Translucent?)

(...) I got one of these for Christmas, and I too had a mix of opaque and translucent pieces. My guess is that they are using two different types of plastic and they haven't matched the colors quite right. -- Tim Buchheim (23 years ago, 2-Jan-02, to lugnet.starwars)