 Star Wars / 1222
    Re: An Episode I Set Finally Revealed... —Jeff Stembel
   (...) That's not White, it is Gray! :) The gray, dark gray, and black are lightened. So, I'd say it is Blue, not purple. Besides, I don't think they'd make a new color just for this set, at least not on the scale seen here. Jeff (25 years ago, 15-Apr-99, to lugnet.starwars)

        Re: An Episode I Set Finally Revealed... —David Blomberg
     My guess is that the bricks are purple for two reasons: 1. Though the red in the scan is very red... the faces on the minifigs and in the SW logo are yellow, and not orange. 2. It also looks to my eye like a color match to MegaBlocks dark (...) (25 years ago, 15-Apr-99, to lugnet.starwars)

        Re: An Episode I Set Finally Revealed... —James Brown
   (...) (I just knew someone would say that) There is no white (that I can see) in the model, nor black (except for the manta ray). I was refering to the white in the Lego logo, which is very distinctly white, as is the black, as is the red. The red (...) (25 years ago, 15-Apr-99, to lugnet.starwars)