 Star Wars / 12015
Re: --==Stubbies==--
Newsgroups:
lugnet.starwars
Date:
Fri, 9 Nov 2001 02:40:56 GMT

In lugnet.starwars, Richard Noeckel writes:
Image Courtesy of Geoffrey Hawley:

Geoffrey wrote:
FINALLY... I... see... EWOK LEGS!! But for the life of me I can't figure out what I'm seeing. They look to be as tall as a brick, but it looks like each individual leg disappears Into the body without joining to a hinge/pelvis first. The chest (which as we know is part of the head) extends below where the body ends, so my only real view of the intersection between the legs and the body is the side.

A few points I was unclear upon…

Are the legs static & motionless or do they move in a manner similar
to the original minifig legs?

Ut-oh...now that I'm looking closely, could it be that *GASP* there ARE NO
STUBBIES?

How exactly do the new stubbie legs connect to the Ewok’s torso?

Get this...could this be, instead of shorter legs like we supposed, that
there is a new torso than covers regular legs? And what phrase will we fight
to coin for these torsos? "Shorties"? [1]

And if possible, could you post clearer photos of the Ewok without his
head/hood piece?

Oughtta' just be a minifig head...possibly the blank brown head from the Tie
Pilot.

Matt

[1] "Shorties", and the singular form "Shorty" are © Matthew Gerber. So
there! Unless "Stubbies" just gets used to refer to torsos instead of legs,
in which case Stubbies remains © Richard Noeckel...umm...I think...I forget...)