 Star Wars / 11772
Re: 2002 set list on FBTB!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.starwars
Date:
Thu, 20 Sep 2001 19:57:49 GMT

I am concerned about the piece counts of the "Story Tellers" sets.  Come on, 23
and 29 pieces for $7 each!  (Final Duel sets)  What can they possible make in
this number of pieces?

So, Darth Vader is 7 pc
The Emperor is 6 pc

that leaves 16 pc for the set itself.  (they come in the 29 pc set)
What could they be?
-The front plate to a tie fighter (the Emperor's window)
-some small grey or black plate
-a couple of pieces to make a spinning chair (6-8 pc)

it is starting to sound somewhat lame in my mind.

the other set has luke (7 pc if cloaked, 6 if not)
a stormie (6 pc w/ gun, 4 w/o)
an imperial (probably 4 pc)

There is barely enough pieces (6) to make the elevator, never mind the grating,
the steps, the catwalk over the reactor shaft or the overhand where luke hides
from Vader.

*sigh*

I will buy these sets, anyway, cause I am collecting all of them, but really, I
was hoping for better.

2 other alternatives:
- big molded pieces! (ugg, don't do it)
- harry potter style paper/cloth backdrops (don't do that either)

Lastly, I don't think a $7 set with one storm trooper will really help all those
people (like me) who want to build a legion of troops! ;)

of course, I don't want to be too much of a winer.  I am glad to have Star Wars
Lego at all.

-Alfred

In lugnet.starwars, Joel Hoornbeek writes:
Hello all,
It appears that Tim has posted a list of some of the sets for 2002.  Go take
a look; I think that people who want Stormtroopers will be somewhat pleased.
www.fbtb.net

--Joel