 Star Wars / 11334
Re: UCS Tie, some questions
Newsgroups:
lugnet.starwars
Date:
Thu, 17 May 2001 10:37:37 GMT

Adam Murtha wrote:

I finally got the UCS Tie, and I really think it is cool.  While I was
building it, I seemed to have some difficulty keeping the wings together
while assembling the whole thing.  I ended up reenforcing the joints between
the wing segments.  Did anyone else have that problem?  Also, I'm not sure
of the weaponry for the Tie Interceptor, I think it has 4 lasers.  So what
are with all the weapon looking things on the UCS Tie?  The trans red plates
in the place of the lasers on tie fighters, but I thought the interceptor
didn't have any weapons there.  And whats with the shovel/cylinder bricks
combo on the centre wing part, as well as the spearguns and cylinders on the
wingtips?

Adam

Look at this:

http://www.theforce.net/swtc/Pix/diagram/tieint-lc.jpg

The text denotes this photo as "10 cannon model used in Endor scenes"
but I clearly remember that "Essential Guide to The Vessels" book
denoted only the appendages on wing tips as cannons, and others as range
finders, targeting sensors, etc.

The picture is from http://www.theforce.net/swtc/tie.html . A nice
reference indeed..:-)

Selçuk