 Star Wars / 1105
Re: Discounted Star Wars Sets!!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.starwars
Date:
Thu, 8 Apr 1999 21:20:26 GMT

"Some guys have all the luck..."  -like John Van and his son!!

-John "I'm bluer than blue" Neal;-)

John VanZwieten wrote:

Thank you so much for your post!  Kohl's is not on my usual Lego run because
at least mine tends to have poor selection and high prices.  But since I
missed the tiny shipment that TRU had for 1 day, I called Kohl's just to be
sure.  Bingo!  The guy said they had the X-wing, speeder bikes, and
landspeeder in the stock room and were planning to put them out later today.

So I took a very early lunch and headed out.  The clerk retrieved the cases
from the storeroom, and I snagged the two remaining X-wings (one for me, one
for my son, no scalping :) and one each of the others.  It seems employees had
already taken the other two X-wings from the case.  And to my delight they
were 20% off!

So Springfield, IL Kohl's has landspeeders and speeder bikes (~10 each) if
anyone cares.

My early lunch turned into a long lunch as I just _had_ to put the x-wing
together.  My son is going to be loving life at about 4 pm today.  I like that
the x-wing set comes with two pilots, so we can run missions together, though
I suppose I'll have to be Biggs :-)

Thanks again for the tip!

-John Van
Thomas Carman wrote in message ...
In the Minneapolis / St. Paul Area the Kohl's Department Stores Now Have Lego
Star Wars Sets in Stock and They are Included in Their 20% Off Sales (That • Run
Almost All of The Time).  I had to go to several stores to find all of the
sets but was able to get them all at 20% Savings!!  I originally got most of
the sets at the LIC at the Mall of America since I'm lucky enough to live 15
minutes away.  Unfortunately though they sell at MSRP plus about 10%.  They
have an excellent Hoth / Endor / Tattooine Display in a rotating case.  Now • if
I only had unlimited Lego to create similar settings...Oh Well, I'll just
enjoy what I've Gotten.

Thomas Carman
Aspiring Lego Professional