 Star Wars / 10738
10737  |  10739
Subject:
new falcon modell
Newsgroups:
lugnet.starwars
Date:
Mon, 29 Jan 2001 15:30:33 GMT
Highlighted:
! (details)

Hello, everyone!
I'm new to lugnet, and I'd like to share my falcon with you. I live in
Norway, and is pretty much one of the few lego-enthusiasts at my age (I'm
24). I had my revival when lego launched the starwars series, and have been
an ardent collector ever since.
The falcon I've built is based on the book of Incredible Cross-Sections.
It's taken a while because I live a busy life, so little by little it took form.
It's complete with full interiors, but most of the interior shots didn't
turn out. One of the things I didn't get to show you, is the gunners
positions that run through the ship as a core. They are hexagonal(six 4x6
plates hinged together by those joints that comes with most starwars- sets.
The tunnel between the positions are made by five 2x10 plates), and I hope
to develope some new ones soon.
The cockpit canopy is cut from an icecream- box lid. The cockpit detaches
from the rest of the ship, and holds 4 minifigs(plus one standing protocol-
droid!).
The docking - rings are fully functional, and the falcon can dock with
compatible ships, and crews can pass through the panel doors.
Just inside of the left docking ring, you can see in one of the pics that
there is a toilett(imagine being boarded by a imperial tie- boarding craft
in the middle of things...)! My girlfriend made me do that. She started
naging about long space flights and nature calling also in deep space. So I
gave in. There must be a toilett SOMEWHERE!!!. She also suggested a kitchen,
but thats where I drew the line. This isn't the belville edition!!!
The exterior engines are made of blue 1x2 bricks that is slightly bent. Ben
Fleskes was in inspiration in that. Hail to the king!

some stats:
lenght: 96 studs long.

check it out at excelent brichshelf:

I'd preciate some feedback. I'll post more pics when I get them.
My next project will be the blockade runner. It won't be to scale, but It
will be for minifigs, and contain the essential interiors and other details.
With the time it took me to build the falcon, I'll be done sometime in 2003!!!

Eivind (pron.: ay-vin)

And if the is someone from around Redmond, Wa: East Lake kicks ass!!! (I was
an exchange student). I also attended Lake Washington in Kirkland, also an
excelent school!