 Sports / 44
Re: does anyone actually play this?...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.sports
Date:
Wed, 9 Aug 2000 13:54:30 GMT

"Dave Low" <stinglessbee@hotSPAMFREEmail.com> wrote:

In lugnet.football, Stephen F. Roberts writes:
...How do you ruggedize your board to make it able to survive transport?

I use 2x4 plates in the recesses underneath each side of all the kicking
blocks, with a few 4x4s on corners here and there. Then a selection of 2xn
plates around the edges.

...I do that too, but it doesn't hold up as well as Id like to being moved... last night I
had to rebuild my stadium after my 3 year old decided she wanted to 'play' also by
standing in the field.. :-/  I put down a 3 layer thick of interleaved 6x8 tan plates...
prolly close to 100 of em or more. I pushed em down hard too, so hopefully it will hold up
this time. I also ran 1xn plates along the top of the field barriers.

...To test it, I picked it up by one corner and it held up quite well, with very little
flex. Its now fairly portable and sturdy enuf to travel hopefully... and maybe it will
make it to the next time we want to play the drinking rules :-)

...you can go back to ignoring me now...

wubwub
stephen f roberts
wamalug guy  (http://wamalug.org)
Jain's Guide (http://wildlink.com/lego/jain)