 Sports / 39
Re: does anyone actually play this?...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.sports
Date:
Mon, 7 Aug 2000 14:57:41 GMT

"Deidre Rushton Brumby" <drb@tasmail.com> wrote:

In lugnet.football, Franklin W. Cain writes:
Hi!  Does anyone actually play the Lego Football
(i.e., having bought the large set, do you really
use it to play a minifig-scale game of soccer)?

Yes, it's great fun.  One field becomes a bit too easy once you are used
to it, 2 fields offer lots of possibilities including a "proper" 11 players
per team setup, there has been some discussion of this over in loc.au.  My
11 a side setup based on Richard Parsons' template has taken up permanent
residence on the coffee table.

...Hmmmm... What's the url on that one? I finally came up with an 11 player board using an
expansion set (prolly will get round to 'templating' it soon).

...Also, don't forget! The game makes a _great_ drinking game! :-)
http://news.lugnet.com/org/us/wamalug/?n=454

...And for the record, I've got my game set up in the living room and we played it last
nite :-) (I even ruggedized it a good bit (by applying lots of plates to the bottom) so it
can be carried and lugged around :-)

...you can go back to ignoring me now...

wubwub
stephen f roberts
wamalug guy  (http://wamalug.org)
Jain's Guide (http://wildlink.com/lego/jain)