 Sports / 42
Re: does anyone actually play this?...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.sports
Date:
Tue, 8 Aug 2000 17:36:03 GMT

"Deidre Rushton Brumby" <drb@tasmail.com> wrote:

In lugnet.football, Stephen F. Roberts writes:

Yes, it's great fun.  One field becomes a bit too easy once you are used
to it, 2 fields offer lots of possibilities including a "proper" 11 players
per team setup, there has been some discussion of this over in loc.au.  My
11 a side setup based on Richard Parsons' template has taken up permanent
residence on the coffee table.

...Hmmmm... What's the url on that one? I finally came up with an 11 player • board using an
expansion set (prolly will get round to 'templating' it soon).

http://www.hinet.net.au/~rparsons/stud/field.jpg
I forgot to mention that this takes an expansion pack also, sorry.

...ahha :-) Rich was using this layout. I like it. The non-symetrical sides make for
interesting approach, I would think. But there's no center attacker :-/ (I wish u could
line up a small base on the midline of the side of a big base :-(  (well, without using
lots of 1x2 greens which are impossible to find)

...My layout is symmetrical and I usually put the figs in a 'classic' 5 3 3 formation
(more or less). Tho 3 5 3 is fun too (makes it hell to get past midfield if u miss a
pass).

http://wildlink.com/lego/soccer/template.gif

My team layout is slightly different from Richard's but my field is
identical.

...Often when I play, we start with all the players off the field then each side takes
turns placing players. Lets each player decide their particular strategy to some extent.
(tho lately we always start with the 2 centers in their correct position).

...How do you ruggedize your board to make it able to survive transport?

...you can go back to ignoring me now...

wubwub
stephen f roberts
wamalug guy  (http://wamalug.org)
Jain's Guide (http://wildlink.com/lego/jain)