 Sports / 165
    New sports —Austin Greenwood
   Does anyone know if lego is planning on doing a nother sport based theme, or is football/soccer all that LEGO plans to do? (23 years ago, 9-May-01, to lugnet.sports)

        Re: New sports —Greg Perry
     (...) Here's a SPOOB (silly posting out of boredom) for ya: I have no knowledge of other planned sports themes but it just occurred to me that curling would be a sport that could be rendered in LEGO. There are already two types of brooms available (...) (23 years ago, 9-May-01, to lugnet.sports)

        Re: New sports —Matthias Jetleb
   (...) I don't know what Lego is planning on doing, but the soccor ground pieces (where you mount the players) has a hole in the middle that's just begging to have a technic shaft shoved up through it with a player pivoting on the top a-la table (...) (23 years ago, 15-May-01, to lugnet.sports)

        Re: New sports —Keith Kirchoff
     (...) I tend to doubt that Lego will make another sport theme in the near future. Soccer was such a perfect choice for a sport theme since it is the most universally played sport; every nation can relate to it and enjoy it. What other sport could (...) (23 years ago, 27-Jul-01, to lugnet.sports)

         Re: New sports —Jonathan Little
     (...) Baseball has been very popular in Japan for a few decades now and is also pretty popular in many South and Central American countries. Just my two cents. -Jonathan (23 years ago, 5-Sep-01, to lugnet.sports)

        Re: New sports —Aaron M. Sneary
   I think that the green base plates will be the starting point for either an official or fan created version of Quidditch. There will need to be lots of those Naboo Swamp clear posts or clear axles to hold the kids and their brooms up, but it would (...) (23 years ago, 4-Sep-01, to lugnet.sports, lugnet.harrypotter)