 Sports / 171
Re: New sports
Newsgroups:
lugnet.sports
Date:
Tue, 15 May 2001 03:27:55 GMT

Does anyone know if lego is planning on doing a nother sport based theme, or
is football/soccer all that LEGO plans to do?
I don't know what Lego is planning on doing, but the soccor ground
pieces (where you mount the players) has a hole in the middle that's
just begging to have a technic shaft shoved up through it with a
player pivoting on the top a-la table hockey. It probably wouldn't be
hard to do, but we would need some really-really long axles. We could
use axle joiners instead, mind you. Obviously sliding the player
around is out of the question, but the dimples in the soccor field
would bring the puck to the player instead. As for the puck itself, I
suspect that something like the playing pieces from "Rebound"
(remember that game?) would do. The ball-bearing-inside-a-puck idea
should work well. I've never tried it though.

Matthias Jetleb
VA3-MWJ