 Space / 9051
Re: Feedback and the role it plays in the modeling process (was Re: I'm back...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general, lugnet.space
Date:
Fri, 1 Jun 2001 22:41:35 GMT

In lugnet.general, Larry Pieniazek writes:

<snip>

Further, how can modelers get better if not by hearing from their peers on
ways to improve?

I dunno what to do about it. I admit I am one of the people that comments on
the work of regulars (in my genres of interest anyway... for instance I
always have something to say when James Mathis posts a new model) but
sometimes overlooks the newcomers and their work.

My recommendation --

If your feelings are hurt that your model hasn't generated
any replies, a few days later, post a message noting that
you haven't received any feedback and that you'd appreciate
it if people could find something to say about it, in email
if not in the newsgroup.

If I know that your feelings are hurt, I might take more time
to form an opinion about the model than I otherwise might.  Posting
a follow-up request noting that you'd really appreciate feedback
is a good way to let people know that you're anxiously awaiting
feedback.

If you're really hoping for feedback, it can't hurt to ask for
it a second time!

--

Jeff <jthompson@esker.com>   "Float on a river, forever and ever, Emily"