 Space / 8895
Re: Milwaukee AFOL meet on May26th!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.us.wi, lugnet.loc.us.il, lugnet.org.us.gmlug, lugnet.space
Date:
Sun, 27 May 2001 22:30:37 GMT

"Dave Amos" <davea21@rocketmail.com> wrote in message
Sorry I cant make it to the meeting, I have graduation parties I need to be
at.  Are you guys going to post pictures of what is there?  It would be
great if you did.  I hope to make the next one, especially if it is this
summer.  Im off to college next fall, and then I will be an NY AFOL.  So let
me know if theres one in WI soon!

Basically it was just three of us (everyone else either pooped out or couldn't
come).  Brandon Grifford and I came up from the Wheaton IL area and hung with
Joel and chatted space stuff.

For the spaceheads out there, the Benevolent Grace is HUUUUUUUUGE.  The
Destroyer Brandon and I built seems very tiny in comparison (and it is about
3.5ft long).  I'm absolutely amazed at the scale of this, one of the biggest
minifig scale spaceships in existence.  If you get the chance, go see it!!

I'll be back up to Milwaukee sometime this summer though ... but we have to
figure out something when more people are available.  Its kinda discouraging to
put effort into organizing stuff in the area and have people just not show up
(we know you're out there).

I'll post some ship size comparison shots soon.

-Tim

xpost .space