 Space / 8297
Re: Small LoM sets
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Mon, 9 Apr 2001 11:50:36 GMT

Originally it was in TRU, then later I spotted it in Wal Mart.  Yes, I got
mine from a person in England (not saying who in case they want to remain
anonymous) who got them at Woolworths.  $40 for the Alien Discovery Pack!?!
I find it interestiing that people are willing to pay so much...

In lugnet.space, Jason J. Railton writes:
In lugnet.space, Jonathan Mizner writes:
I noticed that people were starting to find the 4 small LoM sets in
stores.  The Rover and Double Hover have been available at TRUs and Super
Wal-Marts for some time, and the other two have ben spotted in England.
Several weeks ago I found them listed on Lego.com.  To find them, just
search for 7301 and then look at the list of them listed next to the item
information (not lego.com/mars).  Interestingly enough, they only showed 3
of the 4...  Oh, and they have been given names, too.

Other way round in the UK - the <set:7302> and <set:7303> came out in a few
shops.  The <set:7300> and <set:7301> (Rover and Double Hover) were around,
but harder to find.  Oddly Toys'R'Us and anywhere else that stocks a lot of
Lego doesn't have them.  I only found them in high street stores like
Woolworths, who only ever stock a very small range of Lego.

The Shop@Home ones are marked 'unavailable'.  It wasn't too hard to get a
full set though, so I'm amazed to see full sets on e-bay for twice RRP or more.

I heard that Wal*Mart in the US were doing a multi-pack of the Rover and
Double Hover along with the larger one-legged martian thingy.  I was
expecting this to turn up in ASDA (now owned by Wal*Mart) over here too, but
so far nothing.

Jason J Railton.