 Space / 823
Re: Ever notice this?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Sun, 2 Jan 2000 02:49:35 GMT

In lugnet.space, Lindsay Frederick Braun writes:

Z wrote:

Did anyone ever notice the similarity between Classic Space and Unitron?
Classic Space had gray, blue, trans-yellow, trans-red, and a few other • colors,
although sparse.  Unitron, meanwhile, only differs in its transparent colors • of
trans-blue and trans-neon green, and sparsely used black.  Otherwise, their
colors are very similar.  Who else noticed that?

I've also noticed that Arctic, save the orange, comes very close to the Galaxy
Commander colour scheme.

best,

LFB

Speaking of similarities, also notice that TLG has used the same molds over and
over again, in addition to new molds [Lego pieces are injection molded, and
whoever makes the molds has to be extremely precise [micrometers off is too
far], and they won't throw such work away; they'll keep using it, or shelf it,
perhaps to use later].  I've seen proof of this.  For example, 6-stud long
wedge-looking viewports so common in Classic Space and Blacktron 1 are still
available in light blue. Also, I haven't seen or heard of any stopping of TLG's
brick/plate designs.  I could go on and on, but here's the point:  Discontinued
Space subthemes isn't always the end of a part's production.  But, they may
stop using one color for the part, and use another color [big 1/4 domes are an
example of that; they have been made in many colors, ever since classic space].
Just something to think about.