 Space / 767
  Re: Constructing Bay Doors

(...) I tend to use many hinges and large plates for bay doors, when I build such doors. I place the hinges on the edges of the bay, and attach plates in such a way so that the plates interlock when the doors close. But, here's another method: (...) (25 years ago, 22-Dec-99, to lugnet.space)

  Re: Constructing Bay Doors

(...) If you have enough grey to build a minifig-scale Death Star, you can make any kind of doors you want! ;) Seriously, though, I've usually handled carried craft in the "Space: Above and Beyond" method, with only the cockpit actually *in* the (...) (25 years ago, 22-Dec-99, to lugnet.space)

  Re: Constructing Bay Doors

(...) a (...) I remember Shaun Sullivan building a pretty good looking bay door on his AT-AT, but I don't have a clue how he did it. I've always used the 3 brick method where the door is slid between two walls. It works OK, but takes up a lot of (...) (25 years ago, 22-Dec-99, to lugnet.space)

  Re: Constructing Bay Doors

(...) On my current LDraw project, I have an airlock which features 2 of the 3 stud wide doors - slightly modified. Tom McDonald came up with this cool system to make a sliding door fit in 2 studs wide. I included the 3rd stud row for extra (...) (25 years ago, 23-Dec-99, to lugnet.space)

  Re: Constructing Bay Doors

(...) method (...) Yeah, accordian doors would work. Also, to return to yesteryear, a classic space design is to use the 1x2 x 1x2 brick hinges to open up to equal halves of the back of the ship. I supposed that could be applied to bay doors that (...) (25 years ago, 23-Dec-99, to lugnet.space)

  Re: Constructing Bay Doors

(...) I like that idea, and the doors are rather strong. I have a method for making those style doors, but I mostly use it for doorways into rooms on larger vessels. The way my bay is on the (Melbourne) project, there's not a lot of room to attach a (...) (25 years ago, 23-Dec-99, to lugnet.space)