 Space / 6880
Re: Hexadyne = Corporate Federation?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Mon, 12 Feb 2001 22:45:18 GMT

In lugnet.space, Rick Hallman writes:
I was just wondering... with all the groups asking to be in the Consortium
when it launches, is the Hexadyne Consortium kind of like the Federation but
for Corporations? Let me know your opinions.

hmm.. in general this seems to be a good analogy.  I don't know how the
Federation works in specific situation (I assume you mean in Trek), so I
don't know how far the analogy goes.
I view the Trek Federation as having a very defined control over the member
units, and I DON'T want the Hexadyne Consortium to exercise that kind of
control over other .space companies, so there is one big difference.

BTW, I was wondering how youi got the name Hexadyne, Hex means six. How many
groups do we have right now?? :)

I think when I first thought up the name, I used it because I liked the
sound of it.  I was probably a little influenced by the company that was in
the movie "Buckaroo Banzai in the Fifth Dimension"  My memory is failing me
right now, but I think it was called Hyperdyne.
I used hex for a few reasons... one of them is that there are six main
sections in the Guildlaw for shipbuilding:
Structural
Powerplant
Thrusters
Life Support