 Space / 6711
Re: Destroyer sneak peek
Newsgroups:
lugnet.build, lugnet.space
Date:
Mon, 5 Feb 2001 20:46:56 GMT

In article <B6A09A19.C918%sandlin@nwlink.com>,
Mark Sandlin  <sandlin@nwlink.com> wrote:
I know I haven't made anything new in about three weeks, so just in case you
think I've been idle, I took some quick pics of my Bricriu Class Destroyer,
currently under construction

If you keep posting these, people are going to start thinking I'm copying
your designs when I keep borrowing ideas from them. :)

The trouble is, I haven't figured out how you do some of them. Bricriu has
an interesting size: it's not that big, but it's _huge_.  The main hull is
only a dozen or so studs wide, and I'm guessing 60 studs long, but it does
in two decks what I needed four decks to do in the conning tower for the
capital ship I'm building. Couple that with whatever magic it is you're
doing to elegantly graft stuff to the sides (or in many cases, not graft
it in but make it part of the design) so it doesn't look like a brick
wall, and...  Those are the two that really boggle me. I've only gotten
them right once, and that's on a ship that's not really my design. :)

Must practice, must practice...

-JDF
--
J.D. Forinash                                     ,-.
foxtrot@cc.gatech.edu                            ( <