 Space / 6669
6668  |  6670
Subject:
Griffon Industries releases it's first bomber!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Sun, 4 Feb 2001 19:47:58 GMT

MessageTO: public.tcn.pub
MessageFROM: Marketing.gi.com
Subj: Availability of Pantera Bomber

--Error--

Rerouting through secondary server...

Message reads...

The Pantera-Class Medium Bomber is Griffon Industries first attempt to get a
foothold in the bomber market! At a whomping 63 studs long, the Pantera is
not something to be messed with. Armed with two forward blaster cannons, 4
forward pulse phasers, and a shield generator for a ship 4 times it's size,
the Pantera can easily survive a confrontation with a pair of fighter
patrols, or your average cruiser. This ship is also one of the first ships
not a capital ship capable of FTL travel! Using a new technology, the NavCom
A.I., It can determine a set of jump-coordinates that would have taken a
full navigational array before. The missile launch system is quite unique,
in the fact that when the under doors are open, the missile follows a track
to rest on the bottom of the door, this system makes it launch below the
wings, doing away with the tight backing turns a bomber must take to
realease a missile. Also available in the Pantera is the Pantera Type A, and
Type B versions. The Type A is a light assualt ship, complete with grappling
hooks for boarding ships, while the Type B has a fuel line to make the
Pantera into a Light fuel carrier. All versions are equipped with the
Grappling hooks and fuel lines.

Message corrupted...

Retry? Y/(N)

Message Ends.

Griffon Industries
'All I ask is a tall ship, and a star to steer her by...'
Rick Hallman, CEO