 Space / 6405
Re: When does Aero-Tube Hangar come out?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Sat, 27 Jan 2001 11:35:02 GMT

On Sat, 27 Jan 2001 10:27:41 GMT, "Mr L F Braun"
<braunli1@pilot.msu.edu> wrote:

In lugnet.space, Brad Hamilton writes:
Cool.  I thought the price was going to be higher too.

  It should be "in" at various chains, but not all.  It was, in fact,
  the very *first* LoM set I saw in Leiden (Netherlands), 12 December
  of last year.  Around here in Michigan, I've seen it at K-Mart and
  TRU, but not Target or Meijer.  It seems to vary from chain to chain
  who will have it in any given locale.  And if you can find it at
  K-Mart, the BOGO/50 runs through tomorrow, IIRC.

Lindsay, do you recall the K-Mart and TRU prices?  I checked the LEGO
site after getting home and was reminded that they show it to be
$89.99.  If that's accurate, maybe I can tell myself that I didn't
break my "no big sets for full price" rule after all.

I grew up in a small town in Michigan and moved out east 15 years ago.
I remember thinking how I'd now be able to get the new [object of
current interest] easier than I had back home.  That's still
essentially true, but now that I'm out of my Dark Ages I'm finding
great irony in all of these new set sightings and Meijer sale stories
from Michigan.

Dwight