 Space / 6027
Re: My Space Web Site is up!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Sat, 13 Jan 2001 20:26:05 GMT

In lugnet.announce, Elliot Hyde writes:
My space web site is up.  uh... so check it out!

http://homepage.mac.com/ehyde/index.html

Elliot Hyde
ehyde@mac.com

Hi Elliot!

First off, WELL DONE!  Some of your pics were fuzzy, but I'm have the same
problem with my digital camera, so I really looked hard at the features.  I
think that with your collection you have done an A-1 job from the point of
detail.  Your yellow cargo carrier (for picking up the tank) was very good
using only bricks, and I liked the positions of the four engines.  It gave
me the idea of a military transport craft in which other units would provide
covering fire, and this ship preformed a specific function.  That happens
frequently in the real world.

The pirate ship was very good, and I think I even made out slush (fuel)
tanks on either side of the engineering section.  I would like to see better
pics if you get them.  Very good layout and functionality on the interior -
it gave the feel of a pirate/renegade ship in which space is cramped and
there is gear stowed where you can put it.  I liked that very much.  The
cannon/engine details on both your pirate ship and you smaller ships were a
nice touch.

I also liked that little cargo carrier space ship, where you utilized the
small barrels as the cargo.  I never really had a use for them, but I like
the way you pulled it off.  If the cargo was larger, then it would have
detracted from the ship.  Very nice.

Last, I really like that black stealth-type jet.  Nice sissor action on the
wings.  In truth, if that happened in real life, the wings would rip of the
fuselage when unfolding, BUT it was a very good way to combine two different
looks for the ship.  The forward position looks like a high speed/atmosphere
re-entery mode (if the ship can go into space) and the back position of the
wings looks like a low speed setting where you need more lift.  It would be
better if you moved the lifting body farther forward to better support the
ship's centr of gravity.  I still liked it very much overall, though.

WELL DONE!  :-D  An excellent new website.  Keep of the good work!

~Trev
Astro Lift Co.