 Space / 5969
Re: Rollout of the New Space Shuttle Intrepid
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space, lugnet.build
Date:
Fri, 12 Jan 2001 03:07:54 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

Joel Jacobsen wrote:

That is very very cool. Looks like an awful lot of white bricks and plates,
there.. oi.. to have so many.. opps..sorry.. I'll day dream elsewhere.

Do you have pictures of the interior besides the cockpit (which is really
awesome, BTW)? I'd love to see 'em if you do!

I've added some new photos to the Brickshelf Gallery showing the
retractable landing gear, payload bay, and crew decks.

Unfortunately the mid-deck isn't well done at this time (only has three
seats and some storage lockers) It is hard to photograph, with it
sitting deep inside the forward fuselage. I'll eventually add an airlock
and a food galley in the near future.

The flight deck simply rests on some smooth tile supports above the
mid-deck and is easily removable. There is a smaller ladder and floor
cut out in the deck on the port side allowing crew to move (float?)
between the two decks - like on the real orbiter.

Also note the three green CRT screens on the flight deck in front of the
commander and pilot seats (I guess my orbiter has a pre-"glass cockpit"
set of orbiter flight controls)

--
J. Spencer Rezkalla