 Space / 5667
5666  |  5668
Subject:
Hoverbikes!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Sun, 31 Dec 2000 02:59:30 GMT

While working on my Blacktron capital ship, I've been playing around with
ideas for their enemies... I'm working on an Earth-invasion scenario.  I'm
currently re-watching all the Robotech episodes so I'm envisioning a group
of freedom fighters like in the Invid Invasion (MOSPEADA) segment of the
show.  Technology-wise, though, I've always liked hoverbikes, so I made some
based partly on the Southern Cross part of the series, partly on swoops and
speederbikes from Star Wars.

Since I knew I had to do a bunch, I had to design something easy to build
and with a variety of color schemes.  Also, when I was a kid, I was always
annoyed by my Star Wars and GI Joe vehicles--the figures always came with
sidearms but there was no place in the vehicles to hold them!  So these are
an integrated vehicle/sidearm package; the weapons can be mounted on the
hoverbikes and controlled through it.

Look for more on these on gunth.com soon, including character profiles...

Peter