 Space / 5538
Re: New Colors
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Fri, 22 Dec 2000 15:10:29 GMT

In lugnet.space, Jonathan Mizner writes:
What is going on with Life On Mars and this obsession that each new LOM
set should have a unique color?  To list all the new ones:
Light green (or green/grey or light grey)
Light blue (or blue/grey)
Light red (or red/grey or a new version of pink)
purple (one of the Martians has a purple body)
aqua (many Martians have aqua-colored bodies)
jungle green (Altair's body color)

I think TLG is doing it to make those of us who love the new colours buy
more Lego!  To my knowledge purple first showed up a few years ago in the
Technic 8277 Giant Model Set - a small 2x3 wing piece.

The LOM series also seems to have a light purple / lavender colour in the
7316 and 7317 sets, and probably a few more we haven't seen yet.

I would love to see TLG put out a value bucket or 3033 basic tub with all of
these new colours...

CL