 Space / 5510
Re: Another Life on Mars set (7309 Rover)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Wed, 20 Dec 2000 17:30:40 GMT

I saw it at a TRU last week, as part of a "value pack" containing that
set, the "Double Hover" (an alien vehicle) and the Red Planet Cruiser.  It
was so new it wasn't in their computers.

  Hehe, I just mentioned these yesterday in another thread. I
have scans up here:

  The first two scans are the mini-posters that came with
the small vehicles. The third one is the box art from all
3 sets that came in the pack.

--
-Bones-  "Being Optimized for Nocturnal Exploration and Sabotage"
= http://www.necrobones.com/        = NecroBones Enterprises

"Jeff Johnston" <sakura@mediaone.net> wrote in message
In lugnet.space, Chris Langstaff writes:
Just saw another Life on Mars set on ebay I've not seen before, nor did • it
show up on Lugnet's set reference.  Very small set, #7309 'Rover', only • 28
pieces.  Small 4-wheeled vehicle which uses rounded jet-engine cones as • wheels.

Minifig looks to be the same one as the 7312 T3 Trike.

http://cgi.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=529707601

Has anyone else seen this?  If so, where?

I saw it at a TRU last week, as part of a "value pack" containing that
set, the "Double Hover" (an alien vehicle) and the Red Planet Cruiser.  It
was so new it wasn't in their computers.

Interestingly, the back of the two smaller sets shows pictures of two
*other* smaller sets - a two-legged alien walker and another alien craft
which I don't remember much about.  Also contained inside each is 1/4 of a
poster showing the various characters from the theme (with names for easy
identification.

I hope they do put out the other two small sets in the US...

J, meant to post about this but forgot