 Space / 5318
Re: _The Brick_ short
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Wed, 13 Dec 2000 04:50:49 GMT

In lugnet.space, Jason Rowoldt writes:
Hey, great stuff.  I love barfights. :)

I have a few questions, from a fellow filmmaker point of view:

1. How did you end up doing suspension?  The shot of the guy flying out the
window, the guy flying behind the bar, and the gun flying to his hand, in
particular.  Did you see LEGO's way of doing it in the "tips" section of the
CD?  A great idea, but practically impossible in execution (I've tried and
discovered many flaws)

Notice that you cant see the tip of the gun when it first leave his hand (IM
holding it)

2. When you say the titles were external, do you mean you edited/added to the
mpeg clips in the project directory? I've been thinking of doing this for
special effects.

not mpeg. avi

Great use of grappling.  I loved the part when he takes the knife from the guy.
Very smooth motion.

thanks

I'll have to get my projects up soon.  The damn things won't extract/export.
had any problems with this?  Mine was fine the first few times, now it won't
export anything.

Try uninstall and a full reinstall. I had lots of probs with the camera at
first had to reinstall all my usb

Robert