 Space / 4796
Re: Spaceworld domain
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Wed, 22 Nov 2000 00:53:58 GMT

In lugnet.space, Kyle Keppler writes:
Hello,

I just looked into weather or not www.spaceworld.com/.net/.org is available.
It's not. Neither is www.space-world.com/.net/.org. I see our choices like
this: we could stick some word to the end of spaceworld (ex.
www.spaceworld-online.org) or we could come up with a new name like
spaceLUG, which I personally like...

AFIK: www.spaceworldonline.com/.org/.net and www.spacelug.com/.org/.net are
all available...

--Kyle
http://hvl.cjb.net

I read in the newspaper last week that there is a lack of good domain names
left due to there being only three web address suffixes (.com/.org/.net).
The article went on to say that a group was meeting soon to choose three new
suffixes, from a pool of about 40-60 choices, to expand the selection of web
addresses (one example of a possible new suffix was .web). I don't know when
these new suffixes would be available, but you could get a 'spaceworld' web
address when they do.

Can anyone elaborate on the above info. I'm afraid I don't recall a whole lot
of the newspaper article.

HTH,

Ken