 Space / 4353
Re: TLC: Use annual contests for Classically-designed set releases!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.build.contests, lugnet.space
Date:
Tue, 31 Oct 2000 13:00:03 GMT

In lugnet.build.contests, Todd Lehman writes:

What if they released an LL-932 super-gigantor Galaxy Explorer big-brother
ship and gave printed instructions to build an exact replica of the original
Galaxy Explorer and its two smaller counterparts as alternate models?

I was thinking a bit more about the re-releasing of older sets, and decided
that we haven't got a prayer.

There's just too many elements in those older models that aren't being
manufactured anymore.  Wouldn't Lego have to make a tremendous investment
dusting off those old molds and casting the needed slew of older pieces?

The best we can hope for is the creation of classic-looking sets for both
Town and Space, emulating the look and feel of the bygone era while using
(at least, mostly) elements currently available in the bins.  Heck, I think
we'd even be lucky if they'd agree to imprinting that rocket-round-the-moon
logo on torsos again. And for that matter, more smileys in bulk.

--Dave (jot and jab)

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx