 Space / 41010
41009  |  41011
Subject:
gift of the week
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general, lugnet.space
Date:
Mon, 7 May 2007 02:34:39 GMT

My aunt recently ‘found’ a box of Lego she purchased for me for Christmas(!) at a local store called “Attic Treasures”. She just told me about it a few days ago because she ‘found’ it in her living room in a paper bag she had near some sewing stuff. She had ‘hidden’ it in the paper bag in plain sight so I wouldn’t notice it, which worked since even though I had seen the red plastic box in the bag (& I think i even moved it for playing with my god-son) I just assumed the box was sewing supplies. Anyways, when she told me about it, I thought it would be cool if it had some classic space pieces in it; specifically, I was hoping to get 2 of this piece from Set # 6927-1: All-Terrain Vehicle:

Many years ago, both my parents & the same aunt had gotten me that set for the same Christmas (so I had 2 of that piece); well, I lost the pieces years ago but always liked it & wished it would be made again. I went down to visit her the other day & got the red box out. It is a red plastic Lego carry case with the Lego logo on it & what looks like the original yellow “this case belongs to” sticker on it.

So i open it...... ALMOST ALL VINTAGE CLASSIC SPACE PIECES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

including yes!, TWO of THE PIECE!! (cue hallelujah corus)

also one of THE PIECE in classic gray!!

also one of: Blue window 1x6x5 (& the trans yellow glass for it)

(another piece I’ve always wanted, never had before)

plus, plenty of classic space red & white minifigs (helmet chinstraps intact!), with pristine yellow smiley faces. The space figs have the planet emblems mostly intact (white outline on red figs & red lines on white figs); only the ‘gold/yellow’ planet disc appears to have worn off which seems like normal wear in my experience. There are several pristine classic space computers (screen one & buttons one) in blue & gray, gray classic wings & fins & engines, & 4 trans-yellow 6x8 plates, a 4x6 trans blue plate, an almost pristine

in gray, several classic 3x6 33degree windshields in trans-blue, one in trans-green, white 1x4 brick with black lines, gray seats & gray airtanks, gray-2x2-plate-metal-axle-wheels, trans blue, yellow & clear bricks, several of this piece in gray:

some with handles ‘in-line’ & some newer style ‘lowered-handles’

& other spaceriffic parts. It looked like the previous owner definitely had 2 of the “All-Terrain Vehicle” sets, a “6901-1: Mobile Lab”, & other classic space sets. There were other non-space pieces & a few 2x4 black wheel base bricks with with axle holes on 4 sides & enough metal axle wheels & tires to go with them. I’ve only noticed 2 broken pieces, a 1x1 trans-red plate (split around stud) & one above pictured 1x2 plate with 2 handles (one handle broken off)-looks like normal wear. All the other pieces are in good condition for age, just normal-wearing type light scuffs & tiny corner ‘dents’.

WOW! I was so excited & ULTRA-hyper for the 30 minutes I initially opened & looked through the box, and excited & hyper the rest of the day.

Jeff