 Space / 40984
Re: The Blacktron II
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Sat, 14 Apr 2007 00:19:59 GMT

In lugnet.announce.moc, Nathan Proudlove wrote:
   Introducing the Blacktron II, a drop ship designed for raiding and piracy of mining settlements and colonies far from the long arm of the Space Police.

The Blacktron II is over 200 studs long, around 220 actually, almost 6 feet. It took me about 6 months to build, around 100 hours of build time. There might be as many as 15,000 bricks in this creation but I really don’t know. I know that there are around 5000 1x2 bricks in it, some from Bricklink, some borrowed from my buddies stash and a couple thousand of my own. The interior was fun, not as detailed as some of the other ships out there but I like it. It has a technic frame stretching the full length of the ship, extending over and under the hangar as well. I am actually able to lift it in the middle with little to no sag. Thanks to Dave DeGobbi for the neon-green for neon-orange part swap and Brickville Designworks for lend a tonne of black to me for this ship. Enjoy folks and for those of you in the Northwest (southwest Canada) I’ll see you in Seattle at NWBrickcon in October.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/proudlove/tags/blacktronii/

That was a very impressive ship when I saw it in person at BrickFest. I’m really glad you posted about it and I’m sorry I didn’t have a chance to congratulate you on it in person at BrickFest. And I got home and realized I hadn’t taken any pictures of it, so it is a real treat to have it shown here. Thanks - it is beautiful!

-Matt :)