 Space / 4097
Re: Hello
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space, lugnet.cad.ray
Date:
Mon, 23 Oct 2000 17:57:04 GMT

Hi Carsten,
I use the preprocessor of kings, L3PAO.  It's actually the post-processing that
makes the difference.  I use POV with the MegaPOV addon.  The addon has a
feature called find_edges.  I actually found this feature when Ben Vaughan
actually did his first renderings and mentioned MegaPOV.

Here's the original thread concerning this technique.

    http://news.lugnet.com/space/?n=2914

Well back to how I did this. I used a 16:9 aspect ratio, which also meant
editing the secondary .ini file.

I had to render the model at 2048x1152 because at lower resolutions the find
edges effect looks a little funky.  Take a look at Ben Vaughan's brickshelf
account.  I had the same exact problems that he had.  I think the two
renderings in red are from Cinema 4D XL.

I then shrunk the image down to 1024x576 to get nice lines. I also used Bram
Lambrecht's legocolors.inc file to replace the colors from L3PAO, which I got
from his brickshelf account.

I've been playing with the technique for a while now, ever since I saw Ben
Vaughan's first renderings.  I couldn't afford anything else so I stuck with
POV-Ray.

HTH

Jay Jacinto

In lugnet.people.newbie, Carsten Schmitz writes:
Hello jay,

wow ... that pictures look cool. How did you made them? What preprocessor
did you use to convert DAT Models to POV? The shading is almost
comic-like...
Please don't let me die dumb ;).

--
Greetings,

Carsten Schmitz

"Jay Jacinto" <manjingo@yahoo.com> wrote in message
Hello.  I've been lurking on Lugnet ever since it came out way back when, • and
I've posted from time to time.  However, I've never formally introduced • myself.
I'm a big space fan, and I like to mess with POVRay.  Take a look at my
brickshelf account;  I'm currently updating the pictures there.

As soon as I start getting money again, I'll officially join Lugnet.  I • want to
do my part and support this great site.

Thanks
Jay Jacinto