 Space / 40592
Re: Turrican - Mecha meets Alien
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Thu, 9 Nov 2006 03:36:15 GMT

In lugnet.build.mecha, Dan Demmler wrote:
   Hello!

I present you my newest Mecha, called Turrican:

Turrican is a Blacktron Mecha with technic gears.
Inspiration give me Eric Sophies Macro-Bot and H.R. Gigers Alien.

Wow!

I am honored! Not only to provide inspiration, but to mentioned a long side such a great renound artist! Thank you!

   The Name Turrican is in memory of a old Amiga500 game called Turrican.

I took some time to look at your pictures. I am suprised (a little) that you were able to replicate most of the functions of the Macro-Bot.
I have made many creations and I still think the Macro Bot is one of my favorites. Simply because it taught me so much and I have used the technology to make better and better robots.

Its great to see you adopt the Technology as well. Though you were able to add a pilot!!!!!

   Here you can see more Pics of this Mecha:

The parts you have used are very good. I think the head is interesting and the chin looks like it has a King Tut beard! A Mecha Goatee. hahaha, Very cool, very different. I have only seen one before.

I was wondering, is it me or do the proportions of the legs and shoulders seem a little out of place? Maybe too wide? Or too short? Either way, I think you did a fine job and I was happy to see what you made!

Thank you!

What do you think?

I think we should all make more Blacktron Mechs! Plus you have a variety of poses, that make me want to go find my Macro Bot and play with...nay, um, .... study it some more. hahahaha

   Regards Dan

I enjoyed seeing all the photos. Keep building!

-eric