 Space / 40527
Re: Jim Spaceborn?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.books, lugnet.space
Date:
Sun, 8 Oct 2006 16:56:49 GMT

In lugnet.books, David Eaton wrote:
In lugnet.books, Calum Tsang wrote:
Well, you could just drop him a note:

http://www.frankmadsen.dk/lego_tegneserie_jim_spaceborg_comics.asp

Sounds like he's still around!

And be proactive? Pshaw!

Actually, I guess I just assumed he was Danish and wouldn't speak English-- but
from what I've heard about those crazy Danes, English is pretty common... Hmm...

DaveE

Since I didn't find an english version of the site, but danish is quite similar
to swedish, I'll try a translation:

"In the years 1983 to 1987 Frank Madsen wrote and draw three 48 page comic
albums and three 24 page mini-albums with Jim Spaceborn for LEGO Publishing.
The comic was sold in 6 countries and recievd good reviews in P1s' children
program 'Dine Borns Boger' Whish made 5 pages to a radio comic."

Something like that. P1 is probably a danish radio station, we have one in
Sweden with the same name. I really can't translate 'Dine Borns Boger', it's
'Your Kids [Something]'. Don't ask me wath a radio comic is, I don't even know
if I translated it right.

It's funny how this site mention the third album plus three more shorter albums
but still only show the two already known ones.

I own both of the known ones in swedish and once I saw an ebay auction where
someone sold a flyer promoting Jim Spaceborn and another Lego comic called
"Borgungarna" (Castle Kids).

/A Franzén.