 Space / 3943
3942  |  3944
Subject:
Are there any Honor Harrington fans here?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Wed, 18 Oct 2000 20:57:30 GMT

I was just wondering if anyone here is also a fan of the Honor Harrington
series of books by David Weber and if anyone has ever built one of the ships
from the series from LEGO?

From the official diagrams in the books and at the link below, the ships are
rather "plain" I guess, and they tend to follow a set design no matter how
large (something to do with the physics of Hyperspace travel I think) but
they have a certain appeal - to me at least.  The largest ships are about
2km in length, so a Minifig scale is out of the question - but if you had
enough white pieces I think you could make a sizeable and detailed Microfig
ship?  I haven't tried...

Anyway, in case anyone is wondering what the capital ships look like, this
is the site of the official illustrator of the series...(apparently):

http://people.we.mediaone.net/cptruss/RMN.html

Andrew.