 Space / 39038
Re: new specicies
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Tue, 28 Jun 2005 18:22:36 GMT

Those are huge pictures.

I personally use a freeware program called IrfanView to edit and manage my pictures. If you fire it up, you can go to File, Thumbnails and see all the files in whatever directory you choose. If you then select a bunch of pics, you can do a batch conversion on them (File, Start batch dialog with selected thumbs).

Once that comes up, you can do a “Work as: Batch conversion”. Make sure you set your Output directory accordingly (so you don’t overwrite the originals). Then turn ON “Use Advanced Options”, and click on the “Set Advanced Options” button. Once there, you can turn ON Resize and set the resize options. I typically use “Set new size” with the “Set long side to 640 pixels”. I also make sure I turn ON “Preserve aspect ratio”, “Use Resample function”, and “Don’t enlarge smaller images”.

I know it sounds a bit intimidating, but it’s not really that bad if you get the settings the way you like and use the “Save settings” button on the dialog. That way next time, you can use the “Load settings” button on the dialog to get what you want.

Like I said, the best thing is that it’s FREE sofware, so I can put up with the dozens of options in the user interface.

http://www.irfanview.com/

Jeff