 Space / 39033
Re: MOC: PCS Malice
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Tue, 28 Jun 2005 05:31:39 GMT

In lugnet.space, Scott Lyttle wrote:

   You did it... you used train parts in a space creation...

I’ve done that before, FYI.... several times, in fact.

   like the use of the 3-bladed rear and the shape is ok... nice innovative use of parts!

Some things I think need a little work: Weapons need to be a little “beefier”... and if you have weapons (and a name like Malice), go via Star Rangers, maybe? BTW...what’s the word “Malice” stand for?

Hmm. The gang over at CSF has been voicing similar feelings. Methinks I should go over and buy world city cop sets that come with the Star Ranger decals. Now that I think about it, the name even rhymes with Fazoom’s tagline: Kiss my Justice!

   Also, hope that ship doesn’t get broadsided.. side visibility for the pilot doesn’t seem as good.

I think we’re ok in that department-- It’s there but it isn’t good enough. But what are the odds of a fast-moving fighter getting broadsided anyway? ;-)

   Don’t get me wrong--it’s ok, but with a little more tweaking, it can look pretty nice. I’d recommend going blue/gray and it might look like a neat fighter that would look good along the Fazoom X1... let’s see.. get rid of the straight up and down sides (reduce the “box” look), and maybe put a small turret on top of the ship...

A top mounted turret WAS on the cards while building, but I decided to go with the side mounted ones instead.

I love getting all this feedback. I might just revisit the design today what with the amount of good ideas pouring in. (Except maybe Goldman’s.... considering his dubious affinity for lawn darts :-o)

Legoswami