 Space / 38900
Re: Ion Cannon Corvette: IL-77 Hawkeye
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Sat, 4 Jun 2005 20:02:00 GMT

In lugnet.space, Ian Lauer wrote:

   Presenting the brand new IL-77 Hawkeye. When you can’t build frigates, build corvettes! ;) Here’s the Brickshelf link: http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=131381

Hey there, Ian,

For a model that uses so little SNOT construction, the Hawkeye has a very nice shape. It’s good to be reminded that SNOT is a means to an end, not an end in itself. I also like the unusual color scheme.

Am I right in observing that you have the pilot’s chair on some kind of hinges? It looks neat, but I have to wonder what purpose you intended for this. Was this done just because the front window is so far above the main floor of the interior? Why wouldn’t a ladder to the pilot’s seat suffice?

This model is big enough to include retractable landing gear. I’d love to see a version 2 with that modification.

Cheers!

Ladasky Home Solar, Inc.: blowing sunshine up your power grid since March 24, 2005. Fiat lux!

Uptime : 67 days
   Downtime: none
   kWh generated: 1496
   kWh consumed: 1205