 Space / 38899
38898  |  38900
Subject:
Ion Cannon Corvette: IL-77 Hawkeye
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space, lugnet.announce.moc
Date:
Sat, 4 Jun 2005 16:29:37 GMT
Highlighted:
!! (details)

Presenting the brand new IL-77 Hawkeye. When you can’t build frigates, build corvettes! ;) Here’s the Brickshelf link: http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=131381

Message has 4 Replies:
  Re: Ion Cannon Corvette: IL-77 Hawkeye

Most excellent swooshableness, Ian! The SNOT work is top-notch all-around, especially on the nose (hyuk!) and the wings. Great color combo too. Only problem is you have way too much dark green! You need to pack up the excess and send it to me (...) (19 years ago, 4-Jun-05, to lugnet.space)
  Re: Ion Cannon Corvette: IL-77 Hawkeye

(...) Hey there, Ian, For a model that uses so little SNOT construction, the Hawkeye has a very nice shape. It's good to be reminded that SNOT is a means to an end, not an end in itself. I also like the unusual color scheme. Am I right in observing (...) (19 years ago, 4-Jun-05, to lugnet.space, FTX)
  Re: Ion Cannon Corvette: IL-77 Hawkeye

Thanks for the comments! Just a note: the green on the ship is actually just regular green: the lighting made it look darker, I suppose. I don't even own any dark green pieces ;) Also, yes, I put the pilot's chair on hinges, mainly so that it raises (...) (19 years ago, 5-Jun-05, to lugnet.space, FTX)
  Re: Ion Cannon Corvette: IL-77 Hawkeye

(...) Great color scheme. You've balanced out the base and highlight colors nicely. I was surprised at the scale- until I counted the studs, I didn't realize quite how large it was. And the interior looks pretty roomy. Nice! As others have pointed (...) (19 years ago, 6-Jun-05, to lugnet.space, FTX)