 Space / 38682
    Melpomene —Tony Hafner
   Melpomene is both the 100th model gallery on my site and my first SHIP over 100 studs. She is a passenger transport crewed by 9 women and adapted to their particular needs. She cruises the spacelanes, looking for pirates to bring to justice. (You've (...) (19 years ago, 2-May-05, to lugnet.space, lugnet.announce.moc, FTX) !!

        Re: Melpomene —Jeff Findley
     (...) I like it! As a ship, it's pretty cool. I like the engines, both the large main engines at the rear and the movable landing engines. I also like the landing gear a lot. They seem to hold up the ship well, yet still fold up out of the way when (...) (19 years ago, 2-May-05, to lugnet.space, FTX)

         Re: Melpomene —Tony Hafner
     (...) Thanks for the comments. I really enjoyed this build. And I'm still amazed at how much weight the landing gear can take. Those giant click hinges are what makes it possible. On the other hand, they're so dang stiff that I have to squeeze the (...) (19 years ago, 3-May-05, to lugnet.space, FTX)

        Re: Melpomene —Nathan Todd
     Hi, A really nice MOC... I loved your use of the aquazone dk blue transparents for the front. Especially the SOB use. This MOC inspires even me to comtemplate a space model (not easy for a hard core Castle fan like myself... Great Work and God (...) (19 years ago, 3-May-05, to lugnet.space, FTX)

         Re: Melpomene —Tony Hafner
     (...) Glad to hear that I could inspire you. I've always loved the various aquazone windows, but have always trouble getting them into a MOC in a way that works well. As far as building other themes... I started in Space, and that's what I love to (...) (19 years ago, 5-May-05, to lugnet.space)

        Re: Melpomene —Jonathan Wilson
     Now that is a NICE ship. If only I had the time, inspiration and greebly bits to build such a beast :) hmmm, mabie I can do one in Black and Trans-Dark-Blue with Grey and Dark Grey (not Bley and Dark Bley :) highlights... (19 years ago, 4-May-05, to lugnet.space)

         Re: Melpomene —Tony Hafner
     (...) Thanks! Time: I don't have it either. This ship took well over a year. Inspiration: Watch lots of sci-fi. Even bad sci-fi. Greebly bits: Can't help you there! -- Tony Hafner www.hafhead.com (19 years ago, 5-May-05, to lugnet.space)

        Re: Melpomene —Kelly McKiernan
     (...) Awesome, you finished her! I vividly recall ogling the ship during NWBC, and listening to your description. I'm glad you finished her and posted. Great work! Kelly (19 years ago, 4-May-05, to lugnet.space, FTX)

         Re: Melpomene —Tony Hafner
     (...) Thanks- and I'm glad that my insane ranting didn't drive you off! -- Tony Hafner www.hafhead.com (19 years ago, 5-May-05, to lugnet.space, FTX)

        Re: Melpomene —Samarth Moray
   In lugnet.space, Tony Hafner wrote: SNIPPED Woah Tony, this thing is really cool. The front is my favourite-- really good SNOT work. The engines remind me of CaptainHate's Ghoul. I like the little support vehicles a lot, really remind me of some of (...) (19 years ago, 5-May-05, to lugnet.space, FTX)

        Re: Melpomene —Tony Hafner
   (...) Subtle SNOT is the best SNOT! And the Ghoul was definitely a source of inspiration for the engines. (...) Thanks for the nit- I love to hear those. I'm actually surprised at how few nits have been picked by people here and on CSF. (...) Heh, I (...) (19 years ago, 5-May-05, to lugnet.space)