 Space / 38521
Re: New MOC: Multi-Terrain Analyzer ACR-10
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Mon, 11 Apr 2005 04:46:34 GMT

In lugnet.space, Bram Lambrecht wrote:
   I finished this two weeks ago and finally got around to taking and editing all the photos. Glad it’s finally done:

I originally made the wheel/suspension setup last spring, but didn’t get around to working on the body until this past winter. Now with this project out of the way, I might be inspired to try some other MOCs.

Anyway, comment away. Questions, suggestions, flames, etc. encouraged. And fill in the little rating form.

Click the pic
--Bram

   Bram Lambrecht
www.bldesign.org

In terms of design and functionality, this has to be one of the best large scale ground based vehicles I’ve ever seen. Did you consider the possibility of 3 wheels stacked like a pyramid, as opposed to the 2 wheels, one behind the other design? I’m not sure it would work with this design, but I’ve seen that configuration on a NASA site or something about mars rovers. The cockpit is especially nice with the sliding covers and the chairs look very interesting. Do you have any internal shots?

Needless to say, I liked the hatches.