 Space / 38493
Re: New MOC: Multi-Terrain Analyzer ACR-10
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Mon, 4 Apr 2005 16:59:31 GMT

In lugnet.space, Bram Lambrecht wrote:
   I finished this two weeks ago and finally got around to taking and editing all the photos. Glad it’s finally done:
(snip)

That’s really cool. I’m gonna have nightmares about all those curved pieces--I can barely get four of them to look good, and here you’ve raised an entire civilization of the things and they probably worship you as a god. Upside down, too... ::shudder::

I suspect the majority of the comments you get will involve the suspension, so I’ll preemptively give in to peer pressure and voice my approval. I don’t know much about suspension, but I know what my wheeled vehicles can and can’t do, and they can’t do this. Well, they can, but only if I take off the wheels and attach them in different places.

I like the look of some of those bits of equipment. Gonna have to make some cheap knockoffs. :D The pneumatic tanks look nice too. Are they connected to anything? The Moonbase connection is oddly amusing, though I have to wonder how well it holds together--it looks kinda fragile.

If I had to pick a weak point, I’d probably say the sample arm, which looks really wimpy and generic compared to the rest of the... er... vehicle. At least it has a place to hide.

-Andrusi &&

The curves... the curves...